Choosing your GCSE subjects
Questions to ask yourself when choosing your GCSE subjects
- Which subjects am I good at?
- Which subjects do I enjoy/like?
- Do I have a career in mind?
- If so what subjects will I need for my chosen career?
- What are my wider interests?
- Am I choosing my subjects for the right reasons?
- Am I choosing a broad enough range of subjects?
How can I find out what subjects are required for different careers?
- By using Job Explorer Database (JED) you can explore the different types of careers available
- SouthamCollege website – Yr8 Blog
- JED password –contact Mr Hughes email@example.com.
- Complete the “Big Quiz” to see which careers you are be suited to you.
- Training & Skills (Age 14) – To find which GCSE subjects are required.